Saturday 8 August 2015

Four Years Old Today!

I can’t believe that its my blog anniversary again. It gives me the opportunity to reflect on the past 4 years and plan ahead for the future.

First of all I send all my best wishes and thanks to everyone who has read my blog. Without you it would be just like talking to myself. A big thank you also to those who have responded or contributed to my research, including my recent guest blogger David Gwinnutt, the Irish Olympian who asked to be added to my lgbt Olympian list, and to several people who helped to put the record straight on a couple of lgbt community flags.

However much I enjoy researching and writing my blog it is hard work. Trying to fit it in with my job and other commitments has been difficult at times, but that won’t put me off from continuing. However, I hope you won’t mind if I take it easy today.

As you can see by today’s page view count I (90,823) I do have an audience and I’m gradually creeping up to the number I never dreamed of reaching – the magic 100,000, and hopefully I’ll reach that magic number before the New Year. The steady increase has always encouraged me to continue.

Over the past year I’ve been thinking about ways to expand the Queerstory Files presence, toying with the idea of revamping the layout of the page. Stay tuned.

Another addition I hope to introduce is a Facebook page. Many times, when I’ve been researching or reading the news, that there’s been a snippet of information which was ideal to pass on, whether it was news of events, historical anniversaries or other Facebook and internet sites that may be of interest. I’ve often had to wait several weeks or even months before I find the appropriate place on the blog. So, again, stay tuned.

In the meantime I hope you won’t mind if I open a bottle of champagne tonight and drink a toast to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment